PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

Bill Fetter
01-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Will we be able to add custom avatars in the future?

SuzukiQ
01-24-2007, 07:15 PM
You can use them now. I'd never done one before but your question forced me to learn how. You need to find a picture (Jpg, Gif, etc) that suits you and use some kind of graphics editor to get it under 19.5 Kbytes in size and then save it some where on your hard drive. I used the standard Paint program that comes with most PCs to do the shrinking and saving. Then go to your User CP (Control Panel) on this forum and look for the Avatar Edit choice. Use it to select and assign the picture as your custom avatar.

Hope these instructions help and make sense.

Bill Fetter
01-25-2007, 09:08 PM
That makes perfect sense but I had done that already, but in my avatar editor under control panel, the do not use an avatar is selected and I can't unselect it. Any ideas ?

Thumpster
01-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Yeah, I had the same problem. I did find this on the help page:

"The administrator may also have enabled custom avatars, which allows you to upload an avatar image from your computer."

(Maybe admin has not enabled for all users)

Nice site JR and Stevo-- thanks for donating the effort!

SuzukiQ
01-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I think you fellows are putting your pics as profile pics instead of avatars. Go back and take a look. I pulled up you profiles and that's what I think the info is telling me.:confused:

BlkDakDave
01-27-2007, 02:16 PM
As Bill and Thumpster said, the avatar editor does not respond. The profile picture editor opens up OK but not the avatar. Perhaps the Wizard can wave his magic wand again:)

Bill Fetter
01-27-2007, 02:51 PM
I think you fellows are putting your pics as profile pics instead of avatars. Go back and take a look. I pulled up you profiles and that's what I think the info is telling me.:confused:
I put my profile pic in my profile. My avatar is still waiting for a home.

SuzukiQ
01-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks for your patience folks. Some times you have to hit me with a hammer to get my full attention and understanding. :rolleyes: I had to login as a fictitious new user (YAMAHAHA) to see what you're seeing. I've checked everything I can think of at this point in the Admin settings. Now, I'm going to call in reinforcements (Steve Unruh) and see if we can't get this straightened out. Stay tuned.

admin
01-27-2007, 05:01 PM
that option was turned off for "registered" users. it should work just fine now. :D