PDA

View Full Version : Enduro Recruiter

wayfinder
02-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Members:

I am throwing down the gauntlet. I would like to put a DBSA team together to "compete" in Enduros. At least to try it at the up-coming Concho Enduro (first weekend in March.)

I have ridden three enduros, so I am still a novice. If you like to ride trails at Zars you would be in DIRT-BIKERS HEAVEN at one of these events. I am hoping one of our members who has competed will step up and join us/lead us. The rules are a little tricky, so it helps to have an experienced rider on your line. If not, we will wing it.

Firstly, for those of you who are concerned that going from recreational riding to "racing," - I fully understand. But an Enduro is nothing more than a GLORIFIED 4 HOUR TRAIL RIDE. It is like running a 5K weekend event - you can make as much of a race as you want, or you can just enjoy the ride at your own comfortable pace. I used to ride hare scrambles (before kids) and can vouch for those events as truly "balls to the wall" racing. The enduro format is much more civilized and evenly spaced - a row/line of 4 riders every 60 seconds. Hopefull we could form at least one row.

A rundown: you start the day at 7.00 am for the riders meeting. "Key time" or the time the first line takes off is usually at 8.00 am. There are 4 riders per row or line leaving each minute thereafter. Then the object is to finish multiple stages at a specific time. Points are deducted if you reach checkpoints early or late. If you have seen Ehrsberg of the Last Man Standing - please know that these events are not "extreme" like those are.

The awesome part of these rides is the scale. How often can you ride on trails similar to Zars only more varied but in a 55 to 75 MILE LOOP!!!! That's right you basically get 4 hours of riding in new territory - it is an awesome adventure!

We would have to get there Sat. afternoon/evening, camp and be up early for the ride. At the past Enduros I have been to I have camped out in the back of my suburban - if any one had any kind of RV, it would be a total bonus. A little camp fire action, tell some stories about epic rides and maybe a beer or two (although I wouldn't advise it) you need to be totally on your game in the morning. Concho is out past San Angelo - about a 4.5 hour drive - BUT IT IS WORTH IT!!!

If you love to ride as I do, you will have an absolute blast. In the words of Jerry Maguire................."Who's with me?????"

Check out www.tscec.org or google Texas Sate Enduro for more info........

Dan Blecher
KTM 300MXC, Chevy Suburban

NINER
02-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Andrew Trousale and i always ride the concho ( this is the hardest enduro in the series) we are planning on being there if my bike comes in. I have to go look for my toe
Ian Brown

Motomofo1
02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
ian, i am pretty sure i already told you that im probably not going this year. there is too much TORCS and trials stuff in the weeks surrounding it. besides, my computer is still dead.

damnit, i really dont want to miss concho. the more i think about it, the more i think that maybe i can swing something.

wayfinder
02-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Outstanding - we have at least one, maybe two veterans............. Maybe we can get 8 together and form two rows...? We have a couple of weeks, but if we get a group together, we will want to coordinate our registration.............
Look forward to further comments and thoughts..........
Happy Trails

NINER
02-06-2008, 10:49 AM
andrew lets go, maybe i can find my toe?

chicken l'orange
02-06-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm not man enough to ride Concho, but I expect to be out there working it.

wayfinder
02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Blakes got resources.............and since he isn't riding, we can throw the 'berg on the fire if we run out of fire wood!

v8-914
09-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Hi Guys,

I am sorry to be so late posting...But I only just joined DBSA. I was a Mx'r 20 years ago, but spent the last 20years raising kids. They are gone off doing their own thing and I finally have a bit more time and money.

Are you interested in a newbie? I have tons of experience, but am waaaay out of practice. I am hoping a little seat time will get the old muscle memories going.

Call (830) 281-4053
Wes Parker
2002 KX250

chicken l'orange
09-06-2008, 07:08 AM
... I am hoping a little seat time will get the old muscle memories going ...

I wish you luck, but for me it's been less about regaining muscle memory and much more memories of muscle.

v8-914
09-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the reply!...I went to cycle ranch on Sunday to watch the Vintage race. Wow, it was fun watching the old CZs and Huskys...but watching the other classes got my blood flowing! (Jeezzz! Those kids on the 80cc bikes were flying!!!!They inspired me so much I went home, and put a little 3 foot jump in the middle of my pasture track...I spent the late afternoon going round and round over my only jump!

I feel like I am having to learn everything all over!!

Wes Parker
2002 KX-250