PDA

View Full Version : Austin Supermoto National

Motomofo1
10-06-2008, 03:29 PM
http://www.armadillosupermoto.com/

It's this weekend, and it's a double header (pro mains on saturday and sunday). If you have never attended a supermoto race, do yourself a favor and make it up there. The racing is always really close, and really exciting. Not only that, the atmosphere is typically really laid back, and you are free to roam the pits at your leisure and check out all the bikes. Come on out, and bring your friends.

jeffs2200
10-06-2008, 08:31 PM
I hope to make it up there on Saturday. I have the trackday on Thursday so as long as I make it in one piece I should be there.

When are you going?

Are you going with a group or solo?

Motomofo1
10-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Not really sure what time... probably make an all-day affair out of it. I believe it is just going to be my dad and me. What are your plans?

jeffs2200
10-07-2008, 04:03 PM
I am not sure. I am trying to get a couple of guys from DFW area to come down and meet me. If they don't I guess I will just ride my bike up there and enjoy the show.

svrider23
10-07-2008, 04:51 PM
So, I think I'll be going as well. Jeff, I didn't know you did track days. I've been looking for someone to go with down here...

jeffs2200
10-07-2008, 09:28 PM
J.R. this will be my first trackday. I am pretty excited about it. I hope to do more in the future. With all the money I have spent to get ready for it I need to do more.

Let me know if you want to meet up and ride up to Austin. I assume you plan on riding the Daytona.

Motomofo1
10-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Better cancel your plans, boys... the race has been cancelled according to supermotojunkie.com, and xtrm.com... what a bummer. Who is riding this weekend, and when?

svrider23
10-08-2008, 06:45 AM
No Bueno! I wonder why it was cancelled?
Jeff, I've only done one as well. It was actually a track school (CornerSpeed at VIR) I hear track schools are a lot cheaper here, maybe $120? And yeah, they are expensive so I think I need to use my leathers more than once.
I'll be riding this weekend, probably Sunday but if the majority is going to be out another day I'm down with that too.

Barnett24
10-08-2008, 10:17 AM
AMA website is saying the same thing, because of a technical oversight.
Whatever that means.

jeffs2200
10-08-2008, 03:08 PM
J.R. I plan to ride at Zars on Sunday. If you want to go for a street ride on Saturday, or some other time let me know. We can post up and make it an open invite for anyone else who wants to come.

svrider23
10-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I'd really like to ride Saturday but I told Michelle that I'd spend the day with her. Good news is I don't have to take her on Sunday:D . So I figured I could give you some advice for your trackday.... Be smooth, you'll be pushing the bike hard and it's rather unsettleing to feel your chassis flexing mid corner because you jumped off the brakes. Also we had four guys in a class of twenty wreck because they were more competitive than thier skills allowed.

Barnett24
10-09-2008, 08:11 AM
I have another street bike deal Saturday or I would go. We could go do the Three Sisters ride sometime, it's about a 320 mile loop from my house. It's my ride with our H.O.G chapter, I've done it about six times.

The guy with the green bike has an orange one also now.

jeffs2200
10-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Well, my bike and both I survived my track day in one piece. All I can say is wow! Trackdays are a blast. I can easily see how this could become addictive.

I am planing on meeting with some guys Saturday morning at AF1. We are going to go ride the hill country. AF1 is going to be giving demo rides and such. A lot of guys came in from out of state to attend the trackday and go to the races so instead we will go for a ride. Anyone is welcome to come along.