PDA

View Full Version : Need a few suggestions on racing

speedracer92
09-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Would appreciate any suggestions / clarification on what organization(s) I can look to start doing a little racing in. Interested in off-road as I enjoy MX only in limited form and don't see my ever doing doubles and triples.

From the professional level, a WORCS type event seems more interesting to me than Enduro (that requires timing). I would only be looking at a few events a year for now.

I raced cars for many years, but in to Dirt Bikes now that my son likes it. I need something to feed my competitive nature, but allows for "fun" as I am nearing 40 and still have to work every day.

I have seen STORM and TORCS but don't know if they are the best ones for local, etc. Open to anything to get started.

Suggestions?

jeffs2200
09-24-2009, 08:58 PM
The storm series is pretty good and should be about what you are looking for. I would like to try Torcs also but it a little motocross and offroad combined. The enduros are the most fun. I prefer the restart format where you do not have to do time keeping. Red River enduro is coming up on Oct. 18th and it is a blast. There will be a Storm race out near college station on Oct 3-4th as well. I plan to be there.

speedracer92
09-25-2009, 07:47 AM
The enduros are the most fun. I prefer the restart format where you do not have to do time keeping.

Thanks. what makes the Enduro more fun in you opinion? What org do I need to look at to participate in it?

Motomofo1
09-25-2009, 10:17 AM
www.tscec.org

My best advice is to try a few events in each series to see what appeals to you. People rave about the TORCS series, but I personally prefer the longer, tighter courses that you'll typically find at a STORM event. If you really want to make it complicated, there are a few other closed-course series that are primarily based out of the DFW area (I like TORO the most out of them), but it's much easier to just pick from STORM or TORCS (since they are much closer). Enduros are great because you can be assigned to a row with your buddies and ride together all day.

In the end, it's all personal opinion. Although I haven't been racing much lately (that is changing since I'm jazzed up about my new bike), I usually try to focus on the events from each series that are the most enjoyable, for me.

jeffs2200
09-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey Andrew, are you going to caney creek?

Motomofo1
09-25-2009, 04:41 PM
it's cancelled again. don't know when it's gonna be.

speedracer92
09-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Great feedback and thanks. That helps a lot. I too want to find some events that are fun and appeal to me, but right now, don't see me sticking with one series. Kids, time, etc. will prevent that for awhile. Thanks again for the help.