Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taylor Park, Sargents Colorado ride August 17th-24th

Default Taylor Park, Sargents Colorado ride August 17th-24th

A group of us are planning on heading up to ride the Taylor Park and Sargents Colorado area in August.

The plan is to pull out of San Antonio sometime Friday August 17th. We will ride all week and try to be back by Saturday August the 24th.

We will spend a couple of days riding the Sargents area, Rainbow trail, continental divide trail, Agate Creek etc. We plan to camp at Needle creek reservoir. There are great spots for tent or rv camping around here and the cost is nothing. It is primitive, no water or elect or toilets. A 4 wheel drive is recommended. Lat year we got stuck and almost slid my truck off a cliff.

When we get done in this area we will move to the Taylor park area. We plan to stay near spring creek reservoir but this may change.

Both of these areas have tons of trails and some of the best views you will ever see.

As of now I think my truck and trailer are full. If you are interested post up and maybe we can help get you setup with someone or just come on up by yourself or with your buddies. If we have a big group we may split up in a couple of groups depending on skill and desire for longer or shorter rides.

I could make it if after the 26th
    I hit a cow with balls...

ILBT's with Brains.......

That sucks because we will be gone by then!

I'll be in the Lake City area the last two weeks of July again. I would like to get a little info from you on the Sargents area sometime though.

Last year I was in Lake City for a week and Taylor Park for a week. Much more trails in Taylor Park but more scenic around the Alpine Loop imho.

I plan on being up in the same area Aug 6-12 with a couple of guys. looks pretty dry as of now that is a lack of snow melt from the lack of snow.
    Matt K

Temps are cooler than they were last year. That's going to be nice.

Talking

Vacation approved, new gear due in next week, new tires on the bike and my Wife is passified (a new pair of shoes goes a long way)! Let's go!!!

Aaron Canada

Sweet! lets go

What's the latest on the CO trip? Any other people joining? Doesn't look like the area has any fires. Should be perfect!

Less than 2 weeks left! I still have room for 2 more riders and bikes in my truck and trailer. If you have been thinking about it lets go. Get ahold of me if you are interested.