Thread: TSCEC race at Escondido Draw 11/23

Default TSCEC race at Escondido Draw 11/23

My wife and I are planning to go to this race. We will be there from 11/21 through 11/24. One member of DBSA will most likely be joining us for the day of the race. If anyone from the club is planning to go, or may be convinced to go, we would enjoy the opportunity of camping together. Let us know and we'll save a spot for you.

Jim Peacock

I'll be there.

Probably drive up Sun. morning.

The Krawczynski's will be there, we are headed up sat morning my little one is racing satursay afternoon in the MINI enduro, Nathan and I will be racing Sunday.We will be flying the DBSA Banner.
    Matt K

We will be there Friday evening. If you want, we can save a spot for you to camp. It would be nice to be under the club banner.

I know a couple folks here have made that drive from SA. Rough guess about how long did it take you?

Google maps is telling me 3 hr 39 mins, 241 miles. I live west of SA outside/near 1604 and 90.

Edit: found Suzuki's old thread. IE: it's about 250 W of SA. Close enough for me.
    Last edited by Don; 11-18-2014 at 09:23 AM.

How was it????

Quote Originally Posted by ONE FOR CHRIST View Post
    How was it????
    Lots of fun. I rode with Don for support. He decided he doesn't like rocks. The course was good, what I saw of it. It rained the night before so the dirt had good traction. The first test was a rough introduction for novice enduro riders. It had some challenges (rocky). One guy came in to the 2nd check (finish of the first test) and complained to the check team that it was too hard, harder than nationals he had attended.

My wife and I stayed through Monday, and I rode most of the course solo. I liked it. There were some good technical sections that were definitely A rider material, but there was a lot of flowing trail sections especially in the basin. In all I liked the course and it has got me jonesing for more. 'Haven't raced in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ONE FOR CHRIST View Post
    How was it????
    Rocks suck.

There was rocks ? dang must of missed them! It was like most races it had some challenges and some real fun stuff! Nathan got a 1st in his class 10th overall C , Aaron got a second in the 65 kids mini enduro, I got a 3rd in 50+ B class , 15th overall B. Carlos came in a close 4th same class. Dan Blecher pulled a 4th in his class. 150 or so riders in all.
    Matt K

Quote Originally Posted by krazyinski View Post
    There was rocks ? dang must of missed them!
    Don't worry - I hit them all for you.

And some of them twice.