Thread: Don Smith has some new hardware (hip hip hooray)

Default Don Smith has some new hardware (hip hip hooray)

Don got his new right side hip replacement yesterday at SAMMC. Surgery at 12:30, recovery room by 2:30, and it appears all went well. He was in a room by 5 P.M. and looking to order something to eat (he had to avoid eating and drinking 12 hours before the surgery). Barring unforeseen circumstances, he should be released to go home today. Here's to a speedy recovery and hope the new bling works out as planned.
    J.R.Rhoades

get healed up and hope to see you back riding soon.

JR, I couldn't have done it without you, and I thank you.

Thanks Mike. Couldn't decide if I should go this Sunday, but figured maybe I best wait a bit.

Every single person I had contact with at SAMMC was outstanding. I couldn't have asked for better care.

Got home yesterday afternoon and felt like I got hit by a truck.

Woke up this morning and made eggs, waffles, coffee, and OJ.

Physical Therapy is coming to the house today...can't wait for that. HAHA!

Well it's been over 5 years since the hardware install and so Don thought it was time to even the sides up. Picked him up this morning and dropped him off for surgical replacement of the other hip (it was really giving him a lot of pain). He called me at 7 this evening, operation went fine, and he has been fed and even walked a little. So now he and his bike (had the suspension lowered front and rear very recently) have new suspension upgrades and I hope both turn out as well as possible.

They supposedly will be turning him loose manana (barring unforeseen issues) and I will pick him up and get him home.
    J.R.Rhoades

Yep I'm back home.

Thanks again for the transportation JR. I really appreciate it.

Cracked me up when you said I should've had the doc install something longer so I wouldn't need to get my bike lowered. HAHA

PT is supposed to be here tomorrow. Let the pain begin.

Don good luck with the Physical Therapy, and hope to see you a Zars soon.If I myself can ever make it out there.
    Take Care
    Rolf

Thanks Rolf. Hope to see you out there also.

And I know what you mean about getting to Zars...I haven't done much riding the last 1.5 yrs.