Thread: Flu Season is here

Default Flu Season is here

Wife started feeling not so good about a week and a half ago. Half the folks at her job were out sick. Well, Tues almost a week ago, I started feeling not so good myself. Neither of us got the flu shots this year and we both have spent most of a week paying the price. Missed the work weekend and today is the first day I've felt halfway human in a week. Some flu hits hard, fast, and is gone in a hurry. This one seemed to enjoy hanging around and making me as miserable as possible. Put myself in self pronounced quarantine as soon as I knew and did my best to stay away from others.

So duck and cover, news reports make this flu season seem likes it's going to be a widespread doozy. Wish all good luck and good health.
    J.R.Rhoades

Was gonna call you but figured if you missed work days you were surely sick so figured it best just to not bug you.

Influenza isn't anything to mess with. After 22 yrs of getting the flu shot (76 - 97) I didn't get one in 98. In 99 I got the flu...Influenza Group A if I remember correctly what they told me.

When I got to the doc's my fever was 102.7. I've never felt that bad in my life...holy cow. I was useless for a good 4-5 days.

Here's hoping you both get well quickly.

Well, it's over a year and a half later. Other half and I got our flu shots last year and passed a season without getting the bug (and last year was nasty, higher than usual death rate I think). I'm gonna check and see if the clinic has shots available yet. Recommendation from health folks is to get the shot before the end of October. Not going to skip getting the shot ever again.
    J.R.Rhoades

Funny...I was just thinking about this the other day.

Just checked my messages and don't have one re: flu shots.

Got mine mid-Nov last year. Hope to get it earlier this year.

Other half checked at the Randolph AFB clinic yesterday. Not going to be available till mid Oct. Don't know about civilian pharmacies and when they will have the shots in stock.
    J.R.Rhoades