Thread: Rain Today (6-24)

Default Rain Today (6-24)

The weatherman finally got the forecast right. It started raining at Zars about 11:30 this morning and rained real hard for over a hour. A local weather station reported 1.81" today.

At least it won't be dusty tomorrow.
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them.

2020 Sherco SEF 300 Factory
    2018 Sherco FST250
    2016 Husqvarna TE250

Well, no rain a mi casa on Saturday but Zars was a muddy slick mess on Sunday anywhere there was a clay surface. Then just as I get home, the sky opens up and got a good downpour creating a muddy mess in the bed of my truck from all the Zars clay I brought home with me. Well, good to get rain, we need what we got and some more.
    J.R.Rhoades

Reviving a very old thread. Just looked a weather radar. Another hit coming our way. Good to be getting some much needed rain but not good, expected riding conditions at Zars manana (Sun, 2 May 2021). Gonna have to finally mow and trim the entire yard this week when things dry out a bit.
    J.R.Rhoades

I just looked:

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/c..._key=county_cd

Near the SA River in Elmendorf got about 5.5" of rain and in Floresville about 3.25"

At 1930 the river https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydr...=elmt2&wfo=ewx was at 37.56'

I don't know...might be muddy out there. HAHA

Beautiful weather today...here's hoping the mud wasn't too bad.

Looks like the river peaked at 39.62'. https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydr...=elmt2&wfo=ewx

And about 6.5" of rain in Elmendorf and about 3.25" in Floresville. https://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/u...meter_cd=00045

Skipped Zars today. Didn't feel like dealing with the mud and cleanup afterwards. Took the Whee Strom out to street ride for a few hours just to get a fix. Was a beautiful day and got home just as the afternoon heat was starting to set in. Thinking about riding at Zars during the week, Thursday maybe.
    J.R.Rhoades

I was thinking about trying for Wed. but Thurs sounds better as it'll give it a few more days to dry out...if it needs it.

Maybe I can actually make it.

Good riding today (Thurs, 6 May 21). Anything but the river bottom is rideable though still a bit muddy in places. Don and I had the place to ourselves. Flat of the river bottom may be dry enough to ride on by Sunday but the valleys are going to take some time. They got a good soaking.
    J.R.Rhoades

Went out to Zars on Thurs a week and a half ago. Place had dried out to the point that I could get around almost everywhere. Since then there have been two weekends of rainouts. I know we need the rain since we may have a dry end of year like last year, but geez, there are plenty of days to rain during the week without messing with my weekend riding.
    J.R.Rhoades

Rode today (Sunday, 6 June). Property was less muddy than I expected and the riding was fair. In a couple more days (no rain predicted this week), it should have dried out quite a bit more and will probably be dusty by the weekend. Be careful, got some washouts and sinkholes that have grown a bit and there are trees (some large) down across trails in places.
    J.R.Rhoades