Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is more hazardous?

Default Which is more hazardous?

Riding dirtbikes? Don's broken hand has kept him sidelined for a while now.

Playing basketball? Broke a bone in my left foot on Monday when I stepped on another players foot. Now I'm sidelined for a while.

Forgetting the wife's birthday or your wedding anniversary? Don't know of anyone who has done this but dead men tell no tales.
    J.R.Rhoades

Bummer man...hope you heal fast.

I'm guessing you haven't missed your wife's b-day or anniversary. HAHA

Lol! Yeah, forget the other half,s b-day or anniversary and you are dog meat!

Yep.

Happy wife happy life.

Then again sometimes it's no wife happy life.

HAHA

Tested the foot out on the street bike yesterday and on the basketball court today. Been 4 weeks today that I hurt myself and still not quite ready for primetime yet. So maybe in a couple more weeks. Gives me plenty of time to complete my yearly DRZ tear down and maintenance a bit earlier than usual. Though I do wish it was a bit cooler...….
    J.R.Rhoades

JR it sounds like you reached the point of your life where there is little difference between your body and a old truck built in the 70s. There is always something broken on an old truck but it still makes it way down the road with just duct tape and bailing wire.

Hope you heal up by now.

Merry Christmas

Long time, no hear. Glad to see that you are still alive and kicking and Happy Holidays back to you.

Yeah, bit of a rough year for the body. Just found out last week that I have a tear in the lateral meniscus on my right knee. Apparently something I'll have to live with and hope it doesn't cause bigger issues as I get older. Still riding and doing everything I always have, just having to ease up a bit and not quite ready for a rocking chair yet. ;-)
    J.R.Rhoades

Last year my body fell apart. Have not road a bike but a few times around the back roads around my house. Total time on a motorcycle seat in the last 18 months is less than an hour. Mostly just road bicycles with the grandson. The last two years I was on the Zars lease work had me so busy traveling and end less projects I only road there one time. I am retired now and trying to figure out how to get back on a bike. I am thinking about down sizing my DRZ to a TW200 or a Vanvan. I remember seeing those two old guys riding 1970s honda trail 90s on Old Ore Road in Big Bend.. Hey they may not been going fast but they sure where having a great time.

I had to look up Vanvan, wasn't aware of it. Cool except for the drum rear brake. Have you seen the Honda Monkey? Also a neat little bike. If you decide to unload the DRZ, you won't have any issues finding a buyer, quite a market for them out there. Still enjoying mine and have it set up so I can haul the other half around on jeep trails, something she enjoys.

We spent a long weekend in November out at Big Bend Ranch state park. Bit of camping, hiking, and riding. The National Park is getting too popular and I have not been there for several years but the state park is very remote and raw in comparison so we prefer it for the time being.
    J.R.Rhoades

Yea the drum brake on the TW200 or Vanvan does not make any since in the year 2018. I am wondering if it is really possible to own and enjoy a TW200 after having a DRZ. i was thinking also of supermoto wheels on my drz with dirt tires and a lower kit may be a better option. Never been to Big Bend Ranch. How does the DRZ do on those dirt roads compared to the National Park? This is the first year I have missed a trip to Big Bend in about 10 years. Last time we camped at Fort Davis and I took my DL1000 to Big Bend but stayed on the payment. Went down most of the dirt roads in my Jeep Unlimited the year before.