Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zars conditions for a Friday ride

Default Zars conditions for a Friday ride

Anyone have knowledge of how wet Zars is? I want to ride Friday, but don't want to haul from Corpus if it is really soggy. Thanks.
    "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was." Toby Keith

My guess is forget it. Sitting here getting heavy rain right now and weather radar loop shows that it went over the Zars area before it got here. Been getting good rains off and on since Monday. I think Zars will need a few days to dry out. YMMV But that probably won't keep Don from dragging unwitting victims into the mud or slime hill :-).
    J.R.Rhoades

Thank you. I'll be doing chores then.
    "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was." Toby Keith

Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiQ View Post
    But that probably won't keep Don from dragging unwitting victims into the mud or slime hill :-).
    Hey...we made it didn't we? HAHA

No kidding...I got 4.25" of rain from 0200 - 0430 today. Rained like crazy here. Backyard is a mud pit.

River at Zar's went up to 37.8' on Wednesday and is now at about 17'. Think 17' is right about up to my ledge. HAHA

With all the rain that seems to be predicted for the next few days, I just may not ride this weekend. My bike it too pretty to get muddy.

The river gauge for the San Antonio river near Floresville only showed a max height of 25' this week. That's still a lot of water though.
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them.

2016 Husqvarna TE250
    2006 Yamaha WR450F

Which site did you see that on carl?

Edit: Do you know at what level (feet) it takes for the river to get over the bank? Couple people have asked me and I don't know.

Here's what I viewed:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Don; 09-09-2018 at 05:25 AM.

Poured rain for about 2 hours here. Finally slowed down about 15 mins ago but still raining...so good call not to go riding today.

Wife's car is still in the shop, so I figured on a street bike breakfast ride this morning since she's using my truck and I'm sure Zars is a mud pit. Plans changed by the weather and got a couple hours more beauty sleep. Still needing my ride fix though.
    J.R.Rhoades

Hope you get your ride in there JR.

If you figure out how to make that beauty sleep thing work let me know...doesn't seem to work for me. HAHA

Started raining about the time I got to the grocery store, and when I got home about 0800 it was pouring. Got so wet had to change clothes. And it's still raining.

They're predicting 41+ feet for the river by tomorrow noon: https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydr...EWX&gage=ELMT2