Thread: 2021 Workday Schedule

Default 2021 Workday Schedule

The scheduled workdays for 2021 are Saturday & Sunday, January 30 & 31, Saturday, May 15, Saturday, September 25, and Saturday, November 6. They will all be regular full work days starting at 8 am. During the months of workdays the monthly meeting will take place at Zars Ranch during the workday instead of on the second Tuesday night.

Work crews and assignments start promptly at 8 A.M. Zars Ranch will be closed to play riding during work hours on the work days. Bring your bike, ATV, loppers, chainsaws, work gloves, work boots, etc. I repeat 'Bring your bike or ATV'. All work days are full days and run from 8 A.M to no later than 4 P.M. with an hour lunch break at noon. Bottled water will be provided. A lunch will also be provided by the club.

The work days will be held as scheduled come rain, shine, burning hot, or freezing cold. The only way a work day would be canceled would be if the San Antonio river overflowed to the point that the roads to Zars were under water.

You do not have to make a reservation to come to the work day, just show up ready to work. Make sure you sign in when you arrive to get credit for your workday. Also please make sure we can read your writing to eliminate any questions. Sometimes I can't read my own writing so please help us out. Thanks, Carl.

While we encourage you to try and make the work days we know that sometimes timing doesn't work out for you. There is always something at Zars that can be done and we can still use your help. If your schedule doesn't allow you to make the planned work days, contact the land manager, Jeff Seely, about work that can be done on your available time.
    Last edited by carlt828; 02-09-2021 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Modified for 2021
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them.

2020 Sherco SEF 300 Factory
    2018 Sherco FST250
    2016 Husqvarna TE250

Bump to the top.

2018 Sherco FST250
    2016 Husqvarna TE250

Very successful work weekend. Figure turnout of 60 folks on Sat and 25 on Sun. The pink and orange trails have been reversed and some rerouting done. Mucho bueno to all who put equity in our work days. Trails are the cleanest of face and body slappers that they've been in a long time. Also the gate lock has been changed to the 2021 one. If you haven't renewed, you've waited too long. If you signed up pro-rated last year (2020), then you need to exchange your key for a 2021 one.

Also be aware there is a race weekend at Zars sometime in late Feb so no open riding that weekend but club members can still enter the property and no fee to spectate.

Also know that the race course is currently be laid out at Zars and marked with dark blue ribbon. Do not treat this as an official marked DBSA one way trail. It will remain two way up until race day.
    Last edited by SuzukiQ; 02-01-2021 at 02:27 PM.
    J.R.Rhoades

Another bump to the top for the rest of the 2021 club work day schedule.

2018 Sherco FST250
    2016 Husqvarna TE250