Thread: Pink and Orange Marked Trail Map - April 2020

Default Pink and Orange Marked Trail Map - April 2020

Here is a map of the Pink and Orange marked trails. It's about a 10 mile loop running both.

Marked-Trail-April-2020.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by carlt828; 04-18-2020 at 08:39 PM.
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them.

2016 Husqvarna TE250
    2018 Sherco FST250
    2006 Yamaha WR450F

A little history about the marked trails and why you should always use a bit of caution and courtesy when riding them.

The pink trail was originally laid out so it would be the only trail that atv's as well as motorcycles could use. It was also laid out to criss cross the upper 3rd of the property so runoff wouldn't be much of an issue. Somehow these ideas seem to have been tossed aside over the years and little consideration given to them. I know that we don't have many atv's amongst the club members and their families but it would (IMO) be nice to be a bit accommodating.

Neither trail was meant to be a race course. The courses were intended to allow folks to do a loop without having to know the property. There can be a lot of riders at Zars and occasionally someone (including me) may inadvertently wind up on them going opposite of the markers. I make it a point to slow way down and exit at the first opportunity. I have met riders (timing and murphy) sometimes and I stop and give them the rightaway. Too many times the attitude I'm met with is less than friendly. So riders should be aware that just because they are going the marked direction doesn't mean that they may not meet someone coming the other way. A little caution and courtesy can go a long way.

I seriously doubt that folks are intentionally riding the marked trails in the wrong direction. Timing and murphy can make it look that way.
    J.R.Rhoades