Thread: Covid Vaccinations

Default Covid Vaccinations

Got myself and other half signed up on a waiting list here in Schertz this morning. Good way to start our day cause can't celebrate the weather we are going to have for the next few days. Now where did I put my muckamucks?
    J.R.Rhoades

Other half and I are now signed up for the first shot this Wed (3/3/21). Will report on side effects if any. My daughter (nurse) said the first shot was no biggy but the second one gave her some issues (headache, general feeling under the weather) for a couple of days. That was about a month ago and she has been fine since. Great relief for me when she got vaccinated since she was dealing with covid patients.
    J.R.Rhoades

Both myself and other half arms are a bit sore at the injection site, not as sore today as yesterday. Other than that, nada for side effects.
    J.R.Rhoades

That's good news.

Other half and I got our 2nd shots (Pfizer) this morning. Will post in a couple more days about side effects (if any). I did an email survey of the dual sporters I meet with on occassion. About half have been vaccinated and no major side effects to report.
    J.R.Rhoades

O.K. Two days later and nada for side effects. They say it takes a couple of weeks for the full possible protection of the vaccine to kick in. Stay safe and healthy out there.
    J.R.Rhoades

5 months later and still nada for side effects. I had hoped the USA would be in a lot better shape by now. Too bad so many decided not to get vaccinated. There's no way to know if it would have really made a difference since so many decided to roll the dice. I do know that my daughter (a nurse in Alabama) is paying the price for other peoples decisions. She says they are short staffed and overrun at this point with no end in sight. My wife and I were planning to travel in September to visit friends and family. But the surge is still growing and we both have noticed the lack of precautions everywhere. So we've decided to delay until October. Hoping that the situation will be better by then. I have my doubts.

Now it looks like the Covid vax may become a yearly thing along with the flu shot. I've had the flu before and it's nothing I want to repeat. I won't be skipping either vaccination in the future.

Hope you all stay safe and healthy. Please be considerate of the safety of others if not yourselves.
    J.R.Rhoades

Other half and I got the booster shots last week (Pfizer). Sore arm for a couple of days and nothing else. We will be traveling soon and wanted as much protection as we could get. Things have finally improved for my daughter as Covid cases have finally started to decline. Can only hope that the holidays don't bring another surge.
    J.R.Rhoades