Thread: Breaking News - Race at Zars moved to 27-28 Feb

Default Breaking News - Race at Zars moved to 27-28 Feb

Race was scheduled to be held this weekend (21-22 Feb) but the weather has conspired to put race preps on hold. So the decision has been made to move and hold it on the 27-28 Feb weekend. Know that Zars will be closed to open riding during the weekend of the event but you (members) can use our parking area and spectate for free (or even lend a hand if the race put-er-on-ers need an assist).
    J.R.Rhoades

Yep...the message was pushed through the TORCS app also.

Race was a success with a good turnout. Club will add a bit to the treasury.

The following is word of mouth and not personal observation. Couple of ambulance rides given on Sat (broken leg and busted knee). One ambulance ride given on Sunday (collar bone) and one airlife flight (trees are normally harder than helmets and heads). Hope all recover as well as and soon as possible.

Don and I rode part of the course last Wednesday and I can say that I'm glad my racing days are over. Big difference between being 65 years old and 45 years old. Zars manages to kick me hard enough just play riding nowadays.
    J.R.Rhoades

Once again 'word of mouth'. Heard the fellow who got his bell rung hard is doing o.k. and even posting on facebooger. Good news.
    J.R.Rhoades

Went out to Zars yesterday (Thurs) and rode around verifying that all the markers from the race course had been removed. They did a good job and I didn't find much to remove (just an occasional piece of blue ribbon and some discarded water bottles).

I also rode the first 2 or 3 of miles of the orange trail and added lots of ribbon. It was poorly ribboned in a lot of places. Should be easier to follow now. Ran out of energy about 3 P.M., so didn't ride and add ribbon to the last couple of miles.
    J.R.Rhoades