We've been around long enough to have lived through and dealt with stuff that the younger folks haven't yet.

We've dealt with our parents getting older, frailer, and eventually dying. I've a good friend. fellow club member, and riding compadre whose father died this past Friday. I say again to him that I'm sorry and my condolences. I think a lot us have a love/hate relationship with our parents and most of the time love wins out. We stick around and take on the responsibility of doing our best to insure that our parents are taken care of as best we can till nothing else can be done.

We also know what it's like to have friends, loved ones, and even far acquaintances die. All leave a bit of a hole in us.

We know ourselves what it's like for our own bodies to not be as good as they once were. Wake up in the morning with a new pain that comes just from sleeping. Joints that are constantly stiff and painful. Reaction times that are a bit slower. Possibly even having bits and pieces (hips, knees, shoulders, and elbows) replaced. Or in my case, just had a cataract removed from my left eye today and a replacement lens put in.

There are plenty of other things that come with getting older. I'm fortunate that my other half is close to my age as she deals with the female versions that relate with mine. I can only hope that most of us manage to live fairly well and as healthy as possible as we age.

Just some thoughts brought on by current events.