Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Things to know since the website is so far out of date

First post in this thread has been updated to reflect current info about work days, family fun day, and monthly membership meetings. Read and heed.
    J.R.Rhoades

JR thanks for the heads up and I got the email about the work detail Saturday 9 April. I plan on being there.

I replied to the club email that I'd be there also.

I don't have any contact info for Ralph.

Reminder: Work day coming up on Sat, 14 May from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will also be a monthly membership meeting at noon on that day.
    J.R.Rhoades

Workday went O.K. Turnout was 23 which is not bad considering the hot weather we have been experiencing. We did manage to finish clearing the fence line from the entry gate to the race entry gate in preparation for fence replacement. Had our membership meeting at noon. Fairly quiet since we are entering the summer duldrums where not much will be going on for a while. Then a bit of trail work after lunch.

The club did a poor job of getting a reminder out about this workday. No email to the membership. I had to inform folks who came out to ride that it was a workday and no riding till the work day was officially over. Hate doing that. Wish people would read and heed and mark their calendars each year when the work day schedule is announced.
    J.R.Rhoades

11 June (next Saturday), Noon, at Zars Ranch Pavilion should be our next Monthly Membership Meeting.
    J.R.Rhoades

Thanks for that. I found this yesterday and was gonna ask you about it tomorrow:

http://clubdbsa.org/

The next membership meeting is on Saturday, June 14, at Zars.

Double post...weird stuff going on.

Hardly any turnout other than officers at todays Membership Meeting. One of the reasons I'm throwing in the towel by the end of this year. Too many folks who are constipated (polite way of saying 'don't give a crap').

There will not be a Membership Meeting in July or August for 2022.
    J.R.Rhoades

Forgot to do this:

This is one example of what I was talking about Saturday at the club meeting. You can pass it along...or not.

Some have adapters for different posts, rods, etc. so you gotta make sure you get one that'll push t-posts.

Gas post driver: https://tejasequipment.com/equipment...=49&key=450499

Todays' (29 Oct) work day was the best I've seen in a while now. Great weather and large turnout (40-50 members and family).

Next Sunday (6 Nov) is Family Fun Day at Zars Ranch. Open to friends and family with no charge for entry. Not sure of all the planned activities but there will be a Poker Run (start time 8 AM'ish).
    J.R.Rhoades