Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Food Fight

That's the problem with reviving old threads, keeping pertinent info up to date. Yeah, we dual sport types are now meeting on Friday mornings (6 a.m. till 8 a.m.) at the Thousand Oaks Cafe on Austin Hwy. Good coffee and breakfast tacos.
    J.R.Rhoades

For Mexican seafood I like El Buchaneeros on Blanco just inside of 1604. It's not quite as good as when they had a small place down on S WW White Road but still tasty. Some of the best ceviche I've ever eaten. It can get a little busy so an alternative is Puerto Vallarta on Perrin Bietel.
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them.

2020 Sherco SEF 300 Factory
    2018 Sherco FST250
    2016 Husqvarna TE250

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    1,000 oaks cafe on austin hwy 6-8 fridays
    Aaaand I'm out. I start work at 6:30 :/ I'd love to use the DRZ a lot more, but drainage ditches and the 1 trail I know are far from challenging.

Reviving an old thread again. Chicken sandwich wars. IMO

Popeyes - always served fresh and hot. Good breading. Large sandwich. Like the spicy sauce and pickles. Like the bun.

KFC - what a disappointment. Expected way better based on online reviews. Barely warm and the breading looked like it had been sitting around waiting for awhile. Flavor was so-so. Sandwich was much smaller and bun was nothing to write home about.

Chic-fil-let - Used to be a favorite until Popeyes came along. Still better than KFC. I understand they are coming out with a new chicken sandwich. Will be interesting to see if they step up to the plate or a swing and a miss. Still have my favorite fries (waffle cut).
    J.R.Rhoades